Biofeedback Certification International Alliance (BCIA) certifies individuals who meet education and training standards in biofeedback and progressively re-certifies those who advance their knowledge through continuing education. It is recognized as the certification body for the clinical practice of biofeedback by both the Association of Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback (AAPB) and the International Society for Neurofeedback and Research (ISNR).
Dr. Peper is a BCIA Senior Fellow (#0767) and provides mentoring and supervision for appropriate candidates for BCIA Certification.
The mentoring process consists of:
- 20 contact hours to review 10 sessions of personal biofeedback demonstrating self-regulation
- 50 sessions of patient/client treatment
- 10 hours of case conference presentations
This mentoring is part of the Entry-Level Certification for individuals who want to add biofeedback skills to their toolbox or for a person with basic training and experience in the field who has elected to follow the standards of education to gain board certification.
Mentoring can be done individually or in groups. It can be done with Dr. Peper in person or long distance via Skype (epeper). To set up supervision, please contact Dr. Peper via
The requirements for BCIA Entry-Level Certification for Biofeedback are:
- Minimum BA/BS degree in a BCIA-approved health care field from a regionally-accredited university
- BCIA approved didactic education course that covered the 48 hours of the BCIA Blueprint of Knowledge
- Human anatomy/physiology or biology course from a regionally-accredited university or a BCIA-accredited program
- 20 contact hours with a BCIA-approved mentor to review 10 sessions of personal biofeedback demonstrating self-regulation and 50 sessions of patient/client treatment, and 10 hours of case conference presentations
- Passing the BCIA written examination
- Health care license in a BCIA-approved health care field or supervision by an appropriately-credentialed health care professional
For more information about the BCIA certification process and requirements, please click here
“In my experience with learning and developing proficiency with biofeedback, Erik’s supervision is certainly indispensible. His rich experience, resources, funny demonstrations and patience make the supervision not only useful but enjoyable. He can always give helpful insights and advices to problems we encountered in helping clients and ourselves, and suggest means of how to further develop our skills. With the supervision, I feel more confident and well prepared in helping clients with biofeedback. Thanks so much Erik!”
-Anita Lee, Clinical Psychologist